You have no items in your shopping cart.
Why buy a Vitamin C Shower Filter from Vitamin Shower
When you shower in chlorinated water without a shower filter, the pores of your skin open up and absorb the chlorinated water like a sponge, and chlorine-filled steam can enter your lungs. People can actually receive more exposure to chlorine during a shower than by drinking the same water.
Chlorinated shower water dries the skin and hair, can also causes or worsens skin irritations and rashes, can irritate eyes leaving them red, itchy and burning, and inhaling the steam can aggravate the sinuses and lungs as well. "Is a shower filter really what I need to neutralize chlorine from my showering water?"
What kind of shower filters are there and how well do they work?
Carbon Shower Filters
A carbon shower filter is the most common type of filter, it is a less expensive method of filtration because the activated carbon used inside is relatively cheap.
However, a carbon filter is the least effective method in removing harmful chemicals from your water because it is affected by the heat. Once the water being filtered reaches a certain temperature, it negates the activated carbon, rendering it useless.
KDF Shower Filters
KDF filters, use equal parts copper and zinc. These metals are dissimilar and when they are pressed against each other, their imbalance creates a tiny electrical charge. The electricity is not enough to do any harm to humans, but it is large enough to affect the metals and minerals in the water as it gets pushed through the filter. When water passes through this charge, it liberates the free-roaming chlorine from the rest of the molecules in the water. The chlorine then recombines with another metal such as calcium and chloride, a water-soluble and perfectly harmless electrolyte. The downside to using a KDF filter is that they do not filter out chloramines, and they are less effective with low-pressure showers.
Vitamin C Shower Filters
Vitamin C filters are arguably the best. It filters out an up to 99% of the chlorine found in water, while others filter out anywhere from 20-80%.
Vitamin C filters also remove most sediment. The filter uses a tube of ascorbic acid (pure Vitamin C) which interacts with the chlorine and neutralizes it. Showering in filtered chlorine free water has a wide range of benefits.
Is a shower filter really what I need to neutralize chlorine from my showering water?
The Vitamin Shower Filter contains environmentally friendly, pharmaceutical natural food grade Vitamin C, making it the best and safest way to neutralize chlorine from the tap water, and it is an ideal method to protect the sensitive skin from these harmful chemicals. The topical use of Vitamin-C can work as an anti-oxidant on the skin and makes hair shinier and softer.
Vitamin-C has long been recognized as playing an important role in the appearance of firm and youthful-looking skin. Vitamin-C can help to assist with skin disorders, dry skin, lines and wrinkles, and stimulates collagen production, it can assist in being a great anti-aging product. Vitamin Shower Filters can also promote healthier, more manageable hair and can prevent dry, itchy scalp. It can prevent chlorine-caused dandruff, protect hair condition and dyed hair colouring last longer.
Tell me more about the Vitamin C in the Vitamin Shower Filter
As you can see above, each filter has a see-through housing, so you can see the Vitamin-C working and know when to replace the cartridge. Each cartridge is designed to last 10,000 litres of water.
It is also good for fish aquariums - no need to age tap water or use shock treatments. Use Vitamin shower to wash your pets, give them a chlorine free bath leaving fur softer and shinier. It is especially great for pets that suffer skin conditions cause by allergies, that can be worsen by chlorine. Works effectively on any temperature water, regardless of water quality; no loss in water pressure with an electric hot water system.
- I love my Vitamin ShowerI love my Vitamin Shower.. I have been using it about 1 month and my skin feels softer and like it has more moisture than before.. I also washed my dog with it, its great for her coat !Maree
- I must say that the results are fantasticMy husband suffers with eczema and has exhausted most other options for treating his condition. We bought a vitamin shower head with some skepticism but we were both willing to give anything a try. I must say that the results are fantastic. He has been able to reduce the amount of steroid cream he uses and has managed to have all open wounds healed!! Usually, this time of year he is at his worst and requires regular visits to hospital for wet wraps. Thankfully he has not required this treatment this year.Bronwyn
- Thanks for your great product!“I recently bought and installed a vitamin shower. It is proving to be satisfactory. I don’t seem to have such an itchy scalp after washing my hair, and haven’t changed the brand of shampoo and conditioner. I’ve also noticed my skin doesn’t seem so dry. Thanks for your great product!”Kathryn
- Within 2 weeks, the eczema had cleared up on my back“I have suffered from contact dermatitis for 20 years and being a hairdresser with my hands often in water, this has on exacerbated this. I was skeptical to say the least when my wife brought home the vitamin shower. Within 2 weeks, the eczema had cleared up on my back and whereas previously I had been known to scratch profusely even during my sleep, the itching had gone. I didn't believe it was the vitamin shower until the cartridge ran out and my back broke out and the itching started again. Needless to say, the vitamin shower is now a permanent fixture in our house and my wife says it makes her hair feel silky smooth too"Alan
- My wife and I have used Vitamin shower for the past 6 months.“My wife and I have used Vitamin shower for the past 6 months. My wife having very dry skin found it helped alleviate her condition. We recently moved house and was without Vitamin Shower for a period of time and when we went back to using it again my wife commented on what a relief as she really notice the difference in the short time she was without itPhil
- Thanks for a great product that works“My nine year old daughter has suffered from Eczema since she was a baby. Since using the Vitamin Shower her skin is not as dry and feels softer and she doesn’t have nearly as many fair ups as she use to. I also have notice a difference in how my skin and hair feel. Thanks for a great product that works.”Katrina
- incredible product“I would like to thank you for your prompt service and your incredible product. I have used the Rain shower-head & cartridges for almost 3 months now. Before installation I was coming out in a rash of large red spots over my face and shoulders every time I showered. After installation it was as if a switch had been flicked. No more rash. 100% gone, no matter how long I stay under the shower. The only exception is when it is time to change the cartridge. All in all I think it was the best hundred and something dollars I've spent in a long while. Thank you very, very much for the positive impact your product has had on my life.”A Gardiner
- Five stars from me“I have used the Lotus vitamin shower head for three years now and I love it. The Lotus has a nice flow to it, it's a water-saving shower head and best of all with the filters it takes the chlorine out of our water, this is very important to me because our water is heavily chlorinated and I suffer from eczema. I would recommend the vitamin shower to anyone who cares about the quality of the water they shower in and I recently recommended it to my daughter-in-law who is also an eczema sufferer. Five stars from me.”Jeannine
- I am very pleased with it“Yep, have installed the shower and I have used it three times and I am very pleased with it. Shower head is great and I do believe my hair is a lot softer. My wife has only showered, not washed her hair yet and she is really pleased with the shower. I know it is only a short period of time now but we will see down the track but I believe our opinion will remain the same. Your prompt service was exceptional and I thank you for this.”Rob
- ‘Wow what a difference’“Dear Vitamin shower people, We installed the Vitamin shower head to our shower mid last year, we live in Gladstone and the water is laced with extremely high levels of chlorine. As a result my skin reacts to the chlorine in ways such as red splotches between my eyes and skin blemishes (body acne) over my back. Since introducing the vitamin C filters to our shower, the prevalence of these irritations have reduced dramatically. On this note I ‘Wow what a difference’. On another note, my Siamese fighting fish seem to enjoy the water and I now don’t have to treat the water for them, they also say thanks.”Robert